"When I left college, I wanted to go into hotel and catering work so I took up a position as areceptionist to learn some front of house skills.
Working for a chain of hotels opened up opportunities and I was accepted as a junior manager after 2 years and was promoted to Front of House Manager after another year. I then moved to a moreprestigious hotel within the group as Assistant Manager reporting to the General Manager and was there for 2 years gaining really good experience in budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house: reception, concierge, reservations, food and beverage operations and housekeeping.
I held full responsibility for staff management and motivation, food control and sales, wine and liquorstocks, including the planning and coordinating of menus, being very experienced and capable of advising customers on menu and wine choice. I am also acknowledged as being very good at meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations.
After another 2 years I accepted a position as Deputy Manager of a privately owned, 400 year oldconverted Yorkshire farmhouse set in 80 acres on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds specialising in the highest levels of customer care and personal service with 14 guest bedrooms, 3 self catering cottages, conference and event facilities for up to 85 guests and a Farmhouse Restaurant & Bar for up to 55 guests.
I have been fully accountable for the business performance of restaurants which involved analysing and planning restaurant sales levels and maintaining profitability and preparing regular reports for management. I have organised rotas for all departments i.e. Housekeeping, Reception Weddings and Events and the Restaurant which covers breakfasts, lunches, conferences and dinners. I have alsoinstigated and implemented a direct marketing strategy to increase sales leading to significant improvements in the Restaurant business; I maximised sales revenues through up-selling and planning of marketing programmes.
So, when I saw your advert for the General Manager's position I was really excited as I had just started to think about looking for a similar role and I am confident of having the Hotel and Catering management skills and experience that you require. As I mentioned, I am extensively experienced in the trade, which includes front of house, restaurants, bar and functions management. With my excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills I run operations efficiently and profitably, and provide the highest levels of customer service, in fact I was 2019 winner in the Real Welcome category of the Welcome to Yorkshire Tourism Awards."
1. i have been for over five years in teh employ of an exporting company.
2. i have been in the business for the last ten years, and worked as the superintendent in the personnel department.
3. i have had five years' experience with a company as a salesman.
4. for the past three years, i have been in the office of the brothers trading co., where i have been ad still am an accountant.
5. i am twenty years of age, and have been employed for the last two years by the green trees co., in teh general clerical work of the office.
6. i am 25 years of age, and have had two years' experience in my present post, which i am leaving to better myself.
7. i am nineteen years of age, female and have had two years' experience in a company's delivery office.
8. i am just leaving school, and am eighteen years of age.
9. i am twenty years of age, and am anxious to settle down to office work.
10. since my graduation from the school two years ago, i have been employed in teh green hotel as a cashier.