你今天心情不好嗎?The Blue Day Book

The Blue Day Book
布拉德里.特雷弗.格里夫 著


每個人都有憂鬱的日子。
Everybody has blue days.

那些日子真是慘透了,你覺得心裡亂糟糟的、怨氣叢生、寂寞、整個人徹底的精疲力竭。
These are miserable days when you feel lousy, grumpy, lonely, and utterly exhausted.

那些日子總會讓你感到自己的渺小和微不足道,
Days when you feel small and insignificant,

每件事情似乎都夠不著邊。
when everything seems just out of reach.

你根本無法振作起來。
You can’t rise to the occasion.

根本沒有力氣重新開始。
Just getting started seems impossible.

在憂鬱的日子裡,你可能變成偏執狂,覺得每個人都想要吃定你。
On blue days you can become paranoid that everyone is out to get you.

其實情況並不總是那么糟。
This is not always such a bad thing.
你感到灰心、焦慮,可能開始神經質地拚命咬指甲,然後不可救藥地陷入一眨眼吃掉三大塊朱古力蛋糕的瘋狂!
You feel frustrated and anxious, which can induce a nail-biting frenzy that can escalate into a triple-chocolate-mud-cake-eating frenzy in a blink of an eye!

在憂鬱的日子裡,你會覺得自己在悲傷的海里沉沉浮浮。
On blue days you feel like you’re floating in an ocean of sadness.

不論在什麼時候,你總有種想哭的衝動,卻不知道為了什麼。
You’re about to burst into tears at any moment and you don’t even know why.

最後,你覺得自己猶如行屍走肉,失去生活目標。
Ultimately, you feel like you’re wandering through life without purpose.

你不知道自己還可以撐多久,
You’re not sure how much longer you can hang on,

然後你想大喊一聲:“誰來一槍把我打死吧!”
and you feel like shouting, “Will someone please shout me!”

其實一點小事就讓你一天都鬱悶難當。
It doesn’t take much to bring on a blue day.

也許只是一覺醒來,沒有感覺到或者看到自己最棒的一面,
You might just wake up not feeling or looking your best,

發現自己又多了幾條皺紋,又重了幾斤,或是鼻子上冒出了一個大包。
find some new wrinkles, put on a little weight, or get a huge pimple on your nose.

你可能忘記了約會對象的名字,或是有張可笑的照片被登出來。
You could forget your date’s name or have an embarrassing photograph published.

你或許被人拋棄、離了婚,或是被開除,當眾出醜,被刻薄的綽號弄得心亂如麻,
You might get dumped, divorced, or fired, make a fool of yourself in public, be afflicted with a demeaning nickname,

或許只因為你得整天頂著一個其醜無比的髮型。
or just have a plain old bad-hair day.

也許工作讓你痛苦得如坐針氈。
Maybe work is a pain in the butt.

你在強大的壓力下頂替他人的位置,
You’re under major pressure to fill someone else’s shoes,

你的老闆對你百般挑剔,
your boss is picking on you,

辦公室里的每一個人都讓你發瘋。
and everyone in the office is driving you crazy.

你可能會頭疼欲裂,
You might have a splitting headache,

或重心不穩跌個正著,口臭、牙痛、不停放屁、口乾舌燥,
or a slipped dish, bad breath, a toothache, chronic gas, dry lips,

或是指甲長到肉裡頭了。
or a nasty ingrown toenail.

不管什麼原因,你確定上面有人不喜歡你。
Whatever the reason, you’re convinced that someone up there doesn’t like you.

唉,該怎么辦,到底該怎么辦呢?
Oh what to do, what to dooo?

嗯,你可能跟大部分人一樣,
Well, if you’re like most people,

※本文作者:佚名※