The Arrow And The Song

I shot an arrow in the air, 我向空中射了一箭,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;  它已落到地面,我不知道其去向;
For so swiftly it flew, the sight  因它飛得如此地快速
Could not follow it in its flight.  視力無法跟得上它的飛馳。

I breathed a song into the air,  我向空中輕歌一曲,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;  它已落地而停,我不知其去向;
For who has sight so keen and strong,  誰有這么敏銳的視力,
That it can follow the flight of song?  能跟得上歌聲的飛馳?


Long, long afterward, in an oak  很久,很久以後,在一棵橡樹上,
I found the arrow still unbroke;  我發現它依然完好無損;
And the song, from beginning to end,  而這首歌,從頭到尾,
I found again in the heart of a friend. 我發現又深印在一位友人的心上。

by H. W. Longfellow