Bed In Summer

(1)
In winter I get up at night             冬日我大清早起床
And dress by yellow candle-light. 借著黃色的蠋光穿裳。
In summer quite the other way,    夏日完全相反,
I have to go to bed by day.          我必須在日間上床。
(2) 
I have to go to bed and see             我必上床且看
The birds still hopping on the tree,   鳥兒還在樹梢躍盪,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet   抑或聆聽成年人的腳聲
Still going past me in the street.      仍舊在街道走過我的身旁。

(3)
And does it not seem hard to you,    它對你來說難道不為難嗎?
When all the sky is clear and blue,    在明亮而蔚藍的天空當前,
And I should like so much to play,     而我如此喜歡玩耍,
To have to go to bed by day?            卻必須在白天就上床?
by R. L. Stevenson